Information We Collect and Receive
WrkSpot may collect and receive Customer Data and other information and data (“Other Information”) in a variety of ways:
• Customer Data. Customers or individuals granted access to a Customer Instance by a Customer (“Authorized Users”) routinely submit Customer Data to WrkSpot when using the Platform. To create or update a Customer Instance account, you or your Customer (e.g., your employer) supply WrkSpot with an email address, phone number, password, and/or similar account details. In addition, Customers that purchase the Platform provide WrkSpot (or its payment processors) with billing details such as credit card information, banking information, and/or a billing address. The foregoing is collectively deemed “Customer Data”).
• Other Information. WrkSpot also collects, generates and/or receives “Other Information” including the following:
• Usage Information.
• Platform Metadata. When an Authorized User interacts with the Platform, metadata is generated that provides additional context about the way Authorized Users work. For example, WrkSpot logs the Customer Instances, channels, people, features, content and links you view or interact with, the types of files shared, and what Third Party Services are used (if any).
• Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Websites or Platform and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Platform, browser type and settings, the date and time the Platform were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
• Device information. WrkSpot collects information about devices accessing the Platform, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this Other Information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
• Location information. We receive information from you, your Customer and other third-parties that helps us approximate your location. We may, for example, use a business address submitted by your employer, or an IP address, Bluetooth or GPS information received from your browser or device to determine approximate location. WrkSpot may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
• Third Party Services. A Customer can choose to permit or restrict Third Party Services for its Customer Instance. Typically, Third Party Services are software that integrate with our Platform, and a Customer can permit its Authorized Users to enable and disable these integrations for its Customer Instance. WrkSpot may also develop and offer WrkSpot applications that connect the Platform with a Third Party Service. Once enabled, the provider of a Third Party Service may share certain information with WrkSpot. For example, if a cloud storage application is enabled to permit files to be imported to a Customer Instance, we may receive the user name and email address of Authorized Users, along with additional information that the application has elected to make available to WrkSpot to facilitate the integration. Authorized Users should check the privacy settings and notices in these Third Party Services to understand what data may be disclosed to WrkSpot. When a Third Party Service is enabled, WrkSpot is authorized to connect and access Other Information made available to WrkSpot in accordance with our agreement with the Third Party Provider and any permission(s) granted by Customer (including, by its Authorized User(s)). We do not, however, receive or store passwords for any of these Third Party Services when connecting them to the Platform.
• Third Party Data. WrkSpot may receive data about organizations, industries, lists of companies that are customers, Website visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business from our partners or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with Other Information we collect and might include aggregate-level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to zip codes or countries. Or it might be more specific: for example, how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
• Additional Information Provided to WrkSpot. We also receive Other Information when submitted to our Websites or in other ways, such as if you participate in an event, apply for a job, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with WrkSpot.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Customer Data or Other Information (collectively, “Information”). However, certain Information is collected automatically and, if some Information, such as Customer Instance setup details, is not provided, we may be unable to provide the Platform.
How We Use Information
Customer Data will be used by WrkSpot in accordance with Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Platform functionality, and as required by applicable law. WrkSpot is a processor of Customer Data and Customer is the controller. Customer may, for example, use the Platform to grant and remove access to a Customer Instance, assign roles and configure settings, access, modify, export, share and remove Customer Data and otherwise apply its policies to the Platform.
WrkSpot uses Other Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Platform, Websites, and business. More specifically, WrkSpot uses Other Information:
• To provide, update, maintain and protect our Platform, Websites and business. This includes use of Other Information to support delivery of the Platform under a Customer Agreement, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities, or at an Authorized User’s request.
• As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
• To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your Customer Data contact details or Other Information to respond.
• To develop and provide search, learning and productivity tools and additional features. WrkSpot tries to make the Platform as useful as possible for specific Customer Instances and Authorized Users. For example, we may improve search functionality by using Other Information to help determine and rank the relevance of content, channels or expertise to an Authorized User, make Platform or Third Party Service suggestions based on historical use and predictive models, identify organizational trends and insights, to customize a Platform experience, or create new productivity features and products.
• To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages, and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Platform, our Platform offerings, and important Platform-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the Platform and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about WrkSpot. These are marketing messages so you can control whether you receive them. If you have additional questions about a message you have received from WrkSpot please reach out through the contact mechanisms described below.
• For billing, account management and other administrative matters. WrkSpot may need to contact you for invoicing, account management, and similar reasons and we use account data (part of Customer Data) to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
• To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
How We Share And Disclose Information
This section describes how WrkSpot may share and disclose Information. Customers determine their own policies and practices for the sharing and disclosure of Information, and WrkSpot does not control how they or any other third parties choose to share or disclose Information.
• Customer’s Instructions. WrkSpot will solely share and disclose Customer Data in accordance with a Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Platform functionality, and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
• Displaying the Platform. When an Authorized User submits Information, it may be displayed to other Authorized Users in the same or connected Customer Instances. For example, an Authorized User’s email address may be displayed with their Customer Instance profile. Please consult the knowledge center online or contact WrkSpot at email@example.com for more information on Platform functionality.
• Collaborating with Others. The Platform provide different ways for Authorized Users working in independent Customer Instances to collaborate. Information, such as an Authorized User’s profile Information, may be shared, subject to the policies and practices of the other Customer Instance(s).
• Customer Access. Owners, administrators, Authorized Users, and other Customer representatives and personnel may be able to access, modify, or restrict access to Information. This may include, for example, your employer using Platform features to export logs of Customer Instance activity, or accessing or modifying your profile details. For information about your Customer Instance settings, please see your Authorized User account settings page.
• Third Party Service Providers and Partners. We may engage third party companies or individuals as service providers or business partners to process Other Information and support our business. These third parties may, for example, provide virtual computing and storage services, or we may share business information to develop strategic partnerships with Third Party Service providers to support our common customers. Additional information about the subprocessors we use to support delivery of our Platform is set forth at the List of Approved Subprocessors.
• Third Party Services. Customer may enable or permit Authorized Users to enable Third Party Services. We require each Third Party Service to disclose all permissions for information access in the Platform, but we do not guarantee that they do so. When enabled, WrkSpot may share Other Information with Third Party Services. Third Party Services are not owned or controlled by WrkSpot and third parties that have been granted access to Other Information may have their own policies and practices for its collection, use, and sharing. Please check the permissions, privacy settings, and notices for these Third Party Services or contact the provider for any questions.
• Corporate Affiliates. WrkSpot may share Other Information with its corporate affiliates, parents and/or subsidiaries.
• During a Change to WrkSpot’s Business. If WrkSpot engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of WrkSpot’s assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities, some or all Other Information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
• Aggregated or De-identified Data. We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified Other Information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified Other Information with prospects or partners for business or research purposes, such as telling a prospective WrkSpot customer the average amount of time spent within a typical Customer Instance.
• To Comply with Laws. If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Other Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation, or legal process.
• To enforce our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of WrkSpot or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
• With Consent. WrkSpot may share Other Information with third parties when we have consent to do so.
WrkSpot takes security of data very seriously. WrkSpot works hard to protect Other Information you provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the Other Information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. WrkSpot has received internationally recognized security certifications. Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, WrkSpot cannot guarantee that Information during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others. When you click a link to a third-party site, you will be leaving our site and we don’t control or endorse what is on third-party sites.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, WrkSpot does not allow use of our Platform and Websites by anyone younger than 16 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 18 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information.
International Data Transfers
WrkSpot may transfer your Personal Data to countries other than the one in which you live. We deploy the following safeguards if WrkSpot transfers Personal Data from jurisdictions with differing data protection laws:
• European Union Model Clauses. WrkSpot offers European Union Model Clauses, also known as Standard Contractual Clauses, to meet the adequacy and security requirements for our Customers that operate in the European Union and the United Kingdom, and other international transfers of Customer Data. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of our standard data processing addendum.
Identifying The Data Controller And Processor
Data protection law in certain jurisdictions differentiates between the “controller” and “processor” of information. In general, Customer is the controller of Customer Data. In general, WrkSpot is the processor of Customer Data and the controller of Other Information.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area and the United Kingdom, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information. You can usually do this using the settings and tools provided in your Platform account. If you cannot use the settings and tools, contact the Customer who controls your Customer Instance for additional access and assistance.
To the extent that WrkSpot’s processing of your Personal Data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (or applicable laws covering the processing of Personal Data in the United Kingdom), WrkSpot relies on its legitimate interests, described above, to process your data. WrkSpot may also process Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, and you have a right to object to WrkSpot’s use of your Personal Data for this purpose at any time.
Your California Privacy Rights
This section provides additional details about the personal information we collect about California consumers and the rights afforded to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA.”
For more details about the personal information we have collected over the last 12 months, including the categories of sources, please see the “Information We Collect and Receive” section above. We collect this information for the business and commercial purposes described in the “How We Use Information” section above. We share this information with the categories of third parties described in the “How We Share and Disclose Information” section above. WrkSpot does not sell (as such term is defined in the CCPA) the personal information we collect (and will not sell it without providing a right to opt out). Please note that we do use third-party cookies for our advertising purposes.
Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to request to know more details about the categories or specific pieces of personal information we collect (including how we use and disclose this information), to delete their personal information, to opt out of any “sales” that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
We do not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
California consumers may make a request pursuant to their rights under the CCPA by contacting us at email@example.com. We will verify your request using the information associated with your account, including email address. Government identification may be required. Consumers can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf.
Data Protection Authority
Subject to applicable law, if you are a resident of the European Economic Area and believe we maintain your Personal Data within the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), then you have the right to (i) restrict WrkSpot’s use of Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data and (ii) lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
If you are a resident of the United Kingdom and believe we maintain your Personal Data within the scope of the applicable laws relating to personal data in the United Kingdom, you may direct questions or complaints to the UK supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Does WrkSpot respond to Do Not Track Signals?
The WrkSpot Websites and Platform do not collect personal information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. Therefore, “do not track” signals transmitted from web browsers do not apply to the WrkSpot Websites and Platform, and WrkSpot does not alter any of our data collection and use practices upon receipt of such a signals.
WrkSpot Corp. 17510 Pioneer Blvd Artesia, CA 90701, USA